Circa 1940 a predominately timber framed building was erected on the site to house the Land Army.
Later in the War it was used as a prisoner-of-war hostel, accommodating some 35 prisoners.
After the War it was used as a Youth Hostel, and after it closed in 1983, it was sold to a local builder. He demolished most of the original building and built what is now the front building on the site – this houses the toilets and one of the meeting rooms.
The site was sold again in 1994 to a company called Aims, who built what is now the Hall and Kitchen. Aims were taken over in 2003 and the building became vacant. It was bought by the Parish Council, converted by the Community Centre Association, and opened in November 2006.
Since then it has been in operation and is used for all types of functions, for example;
|Christening Parties||Cookery Classes||UK Fencing Team||Wakes|
|Adult Education Classes||Yoga||Wedding Anniversary Parties||Dog Training|
|Tai Chi Meetings||Meetings, large and small||Quizzes||Auctions|
The site is thus owned by the Parish Council, and administered by the Greens Norton Community Centre Association, a registered charity (Registration No. 1087278). The trustees are all unpaid volunteers.
|Chairman||Ken Nicoll||01327 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice Chairman||Frank Martin|
|Key holder||01327 351400|